Next week I will attend the CHICAGO fair where, since 1986, I have always attended (yes, you have done the correct calculations … I was 12 years old).
Obviously at the beginning I was with my father, who took me with him to make me explore the world.
This year it is EXACTLY 32 years that I have attended the fair, first for “sport” and then it became my job.
Initially we were present thanks to a joint venture signed by my father in Geneva in the beginning of the 80s, with the American company GOSS & DELEEUW which was in fact one of the pioneer companies that invented the TRANSFER MACHINE in 1923!
The first company specialized in Flexible machines at IMTS fair
Today I will be present at the IMTS fair in Chicago as an informer and ambassador for the Flexible Production method, the method I have devised to help machine tool users to be more competitive in today’s market.
In this regard, I will take with me everything necessary to convey to the people present at the fair the advantages and the usefulness of flexible machines.
In fact, flexible machines are the basis of the Flexible Production method, as they are the model that best adapts to the new market needs.
I will try to tackle the issues concerning small/medium lots, the ever higher costs of stock, personnel and energy, with the aim of transforming your fixed costs into EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, And Amortization).
In fact, if you are a user of Machining Centers you will know how difficult it is to recruit qualified personnel. Behind the purchase of each machining center there are many problems to face:
- The search for qualified personnel, which automatically increases your personnel costs (and which, among other things, is very difficult to find and often when you have trained them they then move to other companies, and you have to start again from the beginning);
- The increase in space, because the Machining Centers in battery require huge spaces, which involves a reduction of space that you could use for other things;
- The increase in energy costs, as each Machining Center consumes as much as a single Flexible Machine (but this is about 3 or 4 times more productive).
At the same time, if you are a user of Transfer machines, you still find yourself fighting a war that is increasingly competitive and poor of satisfaction.
– The market requires smaller and smaller batches, so use a Transfer machine under a certain threshold of quantities produced you know well that means LOSE MONEY every single hour of machine set-up. So, you need to become more flexible and versatile for orders of small / medium batches, and here are the flexible machines that are exactly what you are looking for.
– Part changeover can often take a long time and I personally count it as MONEY LOST. If I can give you a simple example, the Multicenter (Flexible Machine of excellence) makes a product change in less than 15 minutes.
Do you use Machining Centers or Transfer Machines?
I wrote a book just for you, to help you to face new market challenges and achieve real results for your company !!
But let’s get back to us and to my mission for you at this IMTS fair.
If until a few years ago I presented myself at fairs as a simple “seller” of my machines, today I propose myself first of all as a consultant who helps his customers to achieve concrete results.
According to my point of view it is no longer enough to propose your solution, but you must first of all “go along” with your customer through the concepts that govern your machines and your method.
Only in this way you can help them to understand what the right solution for their needs may be.
After more than 30 years of presence in the United States today we are able to get a lot of satisfactions through the popularization of the Flexible Production method.
Like the recent sale to HARLEY-DAVIDSON and other orders that we have recently acquired from the less famous but equally high-tech name.
Help our customers to bring home real results first of all.
This has meant that the continuous American experience today gives us an impetus also in Europe with applications to produce the likes of Bosch, Range-Rover, Jaguar, Magneti Marelli.
Together with other customers not known to the general public, but always of the highest technological quality.
In any case, I’m waiting for you at my stand 339352 / South Building to talk together about how to face the new market challenges.
If you want to deepen the topic on “Flexible Production” CLICK HERE
My book dedicated to users of machine tools that want to make the leap in quality is waiting for you !!!
To your results!
Expert in Flexible Production